Thursday, May 24, 2007

11-1-06 Function Junction with Unction









November 1, 2006

Function Junction with Unction
A Holy Spirit led getting up point!

What in God’s Word gets you up off the floor when you’ve been leveled by circumstance?

It’s different for each individual but my personal favorite function junction with unction is the story of Joseph. Poor baby! Ok, he might have been a little turkey to his brothers but their solution was a smidge harsh don’t you think? As a Mom I could just bean those boys bullying their little brother! Don’t kid yourself, we Moms know the littlest one is irritating but they are the smallest and need our protection. Ever wonder what might have happened to our history if the Good Samaritan happened along at any stage of Joseph’s Odyssey? If someone had rescued him somewhere along the way Joseph would not have been in place to keep his family alive or prepare a nation to survive a famine or become ruler of Egypt. He was betrayed and deserted by his family, exposed to sexual temptation, and punished for doing the right thing; he endured a long imprisonment and was forgotten by those he helped. Doesn’t seem right does it? In I Thessalonians 5:16-18, God Word tells us: “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in (not for) all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus”. When I was in the throws of a very difficult time someone tossed that Scripture verse at me. I told them I was sorry I didn’t have a bottle of vinegar with me so they could pour it directly into my wounds. I didn’t say I responded like Joseph but I’d like to. When Jesus whispers that verse into my heart I know He is with me and whatever my circumstance …. it is Him I trust for the outcome. Every step of the way Joseph responded in a positive manner and that transformed each setback into a step forward. Wow, there’s a pearl to string.

God places each one of us on the path according to His plan. The story of Joseph is repeated every school day and every work day in the lives of His people. The circumstances may be different, but the results are the same. We go through God’s training process and sometimes those can be the most difficult and painful situations that render us a bit shaky. That includes the one you may want out of ….. right now! Knowing how positively Joseph endured his trials helps me find my function junction but it is the Holy Spirit that gives me the unction.

A pearl to string: Jesus gives us real eyes, so we can realize where the real lies.
Michael McInerney

Ever safe in the Lord’s love,
Lyndi

No comments: