Saturday, May 26, 2007

3-21-07 Smile Adventure













March 21, 2007

Smile Adventure


Helen Keller said, "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow".

Do you like adventures? I love adventures, exploring and doing things out of the ordinary. When I have an ordinary day going on and it gets a little bogged down with a pile up of responsibilities I take a smile adventure. I am always in need of groceries so I hop into the car and head for the nearest supermarket. I commence smiling right in the parking lot seeing how many people I can get to smile back at me. As I go up and down the aisles smiling at people I get a myriad of responses. Some grin back at me immediately and of course there are always a precious few who beat me to it. Maybe they are on a smile adventure too I think to myself. I have the most fun with the steely faced ones that are unresponsive to my smile. I usually ram their cart then smile and beg their forgiveness. Amazingly most smile and a small few look at me as if I was a crazy person and escape rapidly down the aisle. That’s ok, I gave them a hug from my heart in my smile and that’s what I set out to do. What I absolutely cherish is the individual who needed a smile and their whole countenance responded. They beam back with a grateful smile, stand a little straighter, their chin lifts up and their steps grow a little lighter. “When I smiled at them, they could hardly believe it; their faces lit up, their troubles took wing!” Job 29:24/MSG Oh, thank you Lord, show me another one. It never fails to rejuvenate my spirits when I’m focused on refreshing others. I can alter my life circumstances by altering my attitude. How does one alter an attitude when it stinks? Try a smile adventure for yourself - give God’s people a hug from your heart taste the sweetness and see the goodness of the Lord.

A pearl to string: Jacob said, "For what a relief it is to see your friendly smile. It is like seeing the smile of God!" Genesis 33:1/ NLT

Made for and loved by Him,
Lyndi



No comments: