Monday, November 24, 2008

Light my Way



A Texas minister was scheduled to speak at an all-day conference. He was running late because his alarm had failed to ring. In his haste to make up for lost time, he cut himself while shaving. Then he found his shirt was not ironed.

To make matters worse, running to his car he noticed a tire was flat. Disgusted, and by this time thoroughly distraught, the minister finally got underway with a sudden burst of speed. Racing through town he failed to notice a stop sign and rushed through it.

As fate would have it, there was a policeman nearby, and in just moments he heard the scream of a siren. Jumping out of his car, the agitated minister said sharply, "Well, go ahead and give me a ticket. Everything else has gone wrong today."

The policeman walked up and said quietly, "Sir, I used to have days like that before I became a Christian." Needless to say, the embarrassed minister was shamed by the stranger's rebuke and went his way asking forgiveness and praying for strength to correct his attitude.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

A pearl to string: Well doesn’t that little story just stop you dead in your tracks. I stood straight up frozen like a deer caught in the headlights. It was as if the Holy Spirit was standing right next to me saying, ‘I can’t hear you’? Tearfully I blurted out loud, ‘I’m sorry’!
I don’t know for what but I’m breathing and we all know that is a breeding ground for unsavory behavior. Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross said, “People are like stained glass windows; they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.”

Lord may You always be the light that shines from within me and may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be Your joy. Amen and amen

May He light your way from within
You are loved,
Lyndi

No comments: