Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lead Choice


Brothers and sisters from days gone by have suffered and laid down their lives for the freedom we have in these United States to choose who leads our country. As you prepare to vote in this 2008 Presidential Election calm your heart and choose who leads you. May His grace and peace always be with you.

Lead Choice

He leads me…Do you ever experience times when you sit down to do something and your mind travels to distant places? He leads me… It is cheaper than airfare but it makes me feel flighty. He leads me… Reading over the 23rd Psalm I kept pulling myself back. He leads me… Why does my mind wonder I ask myself? Possibly, because it’s been a favorite Psalm of mine since my Gram taught it to me when I was 6 years old and the very familiar often fails to hold my attention I answer myself (Oh that can’t be good). He leads me… Struggling to stay in focus I break out in laughter. My flighty attention span reminds me of my two little Bichons when I take them for a walk. I call them my crazy little women. They twist and jump and screech until I open the door then boom – I’m suddenly air born and parallel to the ground. Catching my breath and feet at the same time is tricky business. Then I struggle to keep the every-which-way racing dogs from twisting their leash cords into a tangled mess while winding me up into a knotted mummy. It’s so exhausting by the time I get to the end of the driveway I need a nap.

Oh my, Lord………… is that what I do to You? Ugg! I’m so sorry, please forgive me and please heal me. I want to walk by your side where you lead me Lord. The imagery of a shepherd watching over his flock, tenderly caring for the needs of those innocent and trusting creatures, is one which radiates a safe haven to me. In the 23 Psalm from David we see our relationship with the Lord affirmed. We are reminded of His provision, His refreshment, His healing, His guidance, His purpose, His testing, His protection, His faithfulness, His discipline, His hope, His consecration, His abundance, His blessing, His security and His eternity. Oh Lord, help me focus on all that love you give when You lead me.

A Pearl to String: The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

Know you are loved and
May we live forever in His lead
Lyndi

God Is Still in Control
David Langerfeld

By the end of the day today, we will know a lot about the future of the United States. You might be surprised to learn that I am about to predict the outcome - I am about to predict what will happen after the election. Before the votes are counted, even before the voting booths close, I can predict with 100% accuracy that the following things will happen...

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praise of His people.
5. God will still pour out His blessings upon His people.
6. There will still be God-anointed teaching and preaching.
7. There will still be singing of praise to God.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love His own.
10. Jesus will still save the lost.

Whatever the outcome of this election, remember, God is still in control.

Today, tomorrow, forever...
God is still in control.

No comments: