Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama is elected


Not since John F Kennedy ran for election in 1960 has there been so much nationwide excitement for a Presidential race. Truly this election will be marked in history as the most electrifying election of all time though I did not cast my vote for Barack Obama. I wanted a leader who has a compassionate view of life from conception to death, who supports values and legislation designed to strengthen marriages between men and women and that protect the family. I also wanted a leader who understands Israel’s Biblical significance and who will support her protection as God’s chosen people and chosen land. These are the issues closest to my heart.
BUT
I am an American with the inalienable right to choose and cast my vote. My fellow Americans have chosen and voted to elect Barack Obama and I now put the divisiveness of choice behind me to support and stand with our new President elect because we are the United States of America.
AND
As a follower of Yahshua (Jesus), the words of Paul commanding obedience to secular rulers is essential to me. The passage is from Romans: "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God... if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:1, 4


First Lady Michelle holding Sasha (2001) & President Obama holding Malia (1999)

We welcome our new First Family to the White House,
we love you, we will pray for you and we are proud of you.

No comments: