Thursday, August 23, 2007

All in His Hands by Nicole Walters


Read more from Nicole in
My Goodness Magazine
You'll find Blessings and a Godly

perspective on everyday life from
this precious faithful young woman.
http://www.mygoodnessmagazine.com/




Yesterday my friend gave birth to her second child, a little girl.
Yesterday I took a call for another friend who an Emmy award-winning

filmmaker wants to hire to do the music for his new documentary on Downs Syndrome.
Yesterday we had a very fun CD listening party for Dave LeMieux and House of Soul.

Yesterday an uncle discovered he has to have a lung removed.
Yesterday a friend’s house got burgled and she lost irreplaceable valuables, including pictures of her family.

Who knows what a day will bring; celebration in one hand, calamity in the other.

Ecclesiastes 7:13, 14:
Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked? When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future.

There is a necessary faith to embrace if we are to live this life without fear. On any given day, our lives can change, go in directions we’d never considered or stagnate, leaving us feeling aimless, unsatisfied and without purpose. I take comfort in knowing that as random as life can seem, there is a Divine designer behind the scenes and in the details who we can trust, who is in control and who, in His power over all things, can demonstrate His love whatever our life circumstance - the birth of a new baby or the loss of a lung.

I look back on days when the news was nothing but “bad.”
The day I found out that at 16 I was pregnant,
the day that I miscarried twins,
the day my husband confessed infidelity.
I thought those clouds would never break, I believed those days transcended the laws of nature and would go on forever, but they didn’t . . .


Today I’m grateful for those dark days because from them came some of my brightest and I have a 21-year-old who has blessed my life more than I can describe, I have Cole who I adore with everything in me and who would never have been a fourth child (believe me!), and from the darkness of Marc’s affair came the light of his greatest love affair, with God.

So whatever today brings for you and me, I pray that our faith is unwavering, our steps are firm and our hope in the Goodness of God and one another remains . . . come what may.

Psalm 37: 4-6:
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Peace and Blessings,

Nicole Walters

No comments: