Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mouths of Christians

There are times I’d just love to drag my soap box out and stand on it.
So I’m gonna do it.














It bothers me that people suffer at the mouths of Christians. Hate and vicious accusations, condemnation and judgment all hurled in the name of God. LORD HAVE MERCY. What kind of a witness is that? A tune keeps humming through my brain, a line in a song: “and they’ll know we are Christians by our love….” Who can see that love? Not the ones that hold an opposing view to what some believe are biblical principles. Who did Jesus die for?

Out in the streets where emotions run high over moral issues of the present day people are beat up for their belief by Christians or people calling themselves Christians. It’s not people Christians are supposed to fight…. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12) Not all people that believe in God hold the same opinions on every subject. A Christian’s weapon is love. God’s love.

Nobody wants to be smashed in the face with a Bible but everybody needs to know they matter. If you believe in Jesus and have invited Him into your life, you are a Christian. I did that more than 30 years ago and as long as I am on this earth I am a work of His in progress. I will never reach any type of perfection here on earth. My hope is in Jesus sacrificed life for my sin. It is in that Salvation that I will be able to spend eternity with God. My blueprint for life on earth is in the Word of God, the standard I live by. All other standards change with the wind.

A pearl to string: God’s word tells us about love in 1 Corinthians 13: “….....If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing……… faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

There are people who do not believe in God and maybe they never will. Interestingly it is God that gives them that choice.

We were created to be love
Be God’s arms today and hug someone for Jesus
Know you are loved,
Lyndi

I know Christians take a beating too but that’s another soap box……

No comments: