Monday, August 17, 2009

PLEASE OPEN

Thank you, I cannot express to you how much this means to me. These devotionals come right out of my prayer time. Many times I am praying for you specifically and I am speaking into your heart to bless you. The devotionals are my love letters to you. These days are flipping by at a furious pace and I know you don’t have time to listen. I keep these short just for you. I know they are not deep spiritual messages – just a thought or two that hopefully take you to the Lord where His love abounds for you. I’ve just recently switched over to a mail service thinking it would be a nicer format for you to read. I also wanted to avoid you getting bounced off the String A Pearl list. Imagine my excitement when I discovered that this mail service provides a report to show how many people open the devotionals, forward them or click through to a web site that was suggested. How very cool is that I thought until I opened the first report. Wow, nearly 40% of the people on the list didn’t even open the devotional. Only one passed it on and 3 clicked through to the suggested web site. Who is on my list? Family, friends, special personal requests - all people I would die for I love them so much. I know - I know it’s not about me. I’m fighting the emotionalism that I was not able to bless you when you were hurting. Bitter sweet! I’m also experiencing great joy knowing 60% were blessed right where you were hurting – oh I thank God for that opportunity to bless you. God? Oh no, it’s much worse for God. We’re on His list. Oh Father God how Your heart breaks for all those who never open Your love letters and You did die for us!

A pearl to string: John 17:8--Jesus said to the Father, "I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me." In the Old Testament phrases such as "thus saith the Lord," "the word of the Lord came," and "God said" are repeated over 3800 times. Clearly God communicates His love by words. Second Timothy 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God". God breathes His love into us through His Word, YES HE loves us, and the Bible tells me so. Honestly the answer to every problem you have, every decision you need to make, what direction you need to turn can be found in God’s Word, His love letters to you. By the Holy Spirit He will empower you, bless you and direct you

PLEASE OPEN




You are His beloved,
Lyndi

No comments: