Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mustard Seeds

While I work at my desk I pour a few mustard seeds onto the counter top to remind myself how small my faith is. God’s ubiquitous company calms me when I turn my focus to His ways. In my worst moments, a seemingly far-fetched or ridiculous-sounding positive thought, word, or action can act as a seed of faith that will spark a healing process. While meditating on God's Word, praying, and in daring to quote His promises for healing, my faith just grows, and His peace that passes all human understanding is a gift of that dedicated time.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." — Hebrews 11:1

I read recently that positive thinking is depending on your ‘self’ power. This of course would be counterproductive in the Christian faith. Respectively I view it differently: To think positively is like carrying a weapon of mass destruction in kingdom living. My goodness, there are mornings I wake up with ugly negative thoughts on my mind. I don’t know how they got there I was sleeping. I have to push them away with positive thought or I can’t go on with my day in a loving, giving manner.

A pearl to string: I see faith and positive thinking as a key to maintaining health on both a physical and mental level. But really faith and positive thinking is absolutely invaluable to me in maintaining an atmosphere in which I can grow spiritually. Making a conscious effort to halt negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones is healing. By living a moment-to-moment life of thanksgiving, instead of one filled with worry and anticipation about the coming day or week, your faith becomes the seed from which good things can grow.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

That’s it – that says to me: ‘Don’t let the dogs eat your mustard seeds!

Push out those negative thoughts and live positively

THANKS-GIVING-LY
You are loved,
Lyndi

No comments: