Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Defiance or Devotion

Do you ever get mad at God because you don't think He is answering your prayers? Do you ever run down a list of what a good person you are in this world and shake that list at God? You know the kind of thing, "I am nice to people, I tithe, I pray, I read my Bible everyday..... hey would you all shut up I'm trying to think in here". 
 
"Well come on... that was annoying they were making so much noise.... Don't I have a right to be a smidge irritable with all that racket going on?"

That was not exactly a gracious demo of the fruit of the spirit. I don't think God is looking for any of us to be right standing with the world or our cultures' ways.  Politically correct is nothing more than communal tyranny.

God's love always happens right where you are and your love needs to happen there also.

Matthew 9:7 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone"?  Oswald Chambers explains the illustration of prayer that Our Lord uses in the Scripture verse is that of a good child asking for a good thing. A good child being one who is in right standing with their Father. We talk about God answering our prayers irrespective of our behavior and our right standing with Him. Are you rightly relating to your wife, to your husband, to your children, to your fellow-students, your co-workers - are you a "good child" there? "

The Lord's not going to change His ways for you.  He's not going to say ok I've commanded everyone to be kind, merciful and forgiving but for you my precious, it's the deal of the day, I'll let you live selfishly, be grouchy, mean, tell lies and cheat others and I'll grant your prayers.  Not going to happen.
 
A pearl to string: I am a child of God only by rebirth, and as a child of God I am good only as I walk in His ways. "Prayer with most of us is turned into pious platitude, it is a matter of emotion, mystical communion with God. Spiritually we are all good at producing fogs". (Oswald Chambers) We need to be honest with ourselves and turn away from wrong living. None of us will ever be perfect that is not the goal ... it's to live as a child of God, following Jesus.  Really it is no use praying unless we are living as children of God.  Then, Jesus says - "Everyone that asks receives."

His mercy is new every morning,
You are loved
                  Lyndi

No comments: