Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In Between

If you are driving east on the Atlanta highway in Georgia you will pass thru a sleepy little bedroom community called Between Georgia. It has a mini population of 161, least a birth occurred in the last few hours. Perfectly named because it is halfway between Atlanta and Athens. Imagine if you will greeting a stranger at a plaza on that highway and asking where they are from. "I live in Between".... "In between what?" .... "In Between Georgia" .... "In between Georgia and what? LOL being in between anything can be perplexing. I can think of a lot of places I would not want to be in-between: for instance two angry people arguing, a rock rolling off a mountain, a tsunami, a bridge collapse, a wild fire, killer bees or the worst getting caught between my morning and my day without spending time with the Lord.

Morning? Genesis 28 we read that Jacob rose early in the morning to make a vow to God at Bethel.  God told Moses, “Be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto Mount Sinai.” David rose early in the morning for worship, prayer, and meditation. On the first Resurrection/Easter Sunday morning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to the tomb where Jesus had been buried. And that’s where they met the risen Lord!

 Day! wake, shine  up, fix breakfast, drive kids, groceries, fix a flat tire, lunch meeting, run dog to vets, clean house, prepare dinner, make lunches for next day, pick up kids, take kids to practice, pick kids up from practice, serve dinner, clean kitchen, do laundry, over see homework, baths, pay bills, write notes to family and friends, read, watch TV, sleep...... and some people have to go to work facing highway traffic twice daily and contending with grouchy hungry people on the way back home. Yikes I sure wouldn't want to do that day in the nude. Without Jesus I am spiritually in the nude -

 A pearl to string: Where do you meet the risen Lord?  I meet Him at the first breath of dawn each morning before my feet hit the floor. The power of prayer does not depend on me or you but on the One who hears our prayers.

 O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice (Psa. 5:3) You hear when good people cry out to you (Psa. 34:17) you bring joy in the morning (Psa. 30:5) Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul (Psa. 143:8) I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning (Psa. 59:16). Your steadfast love never ceases; your mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness (Lam. 3:22). For this is the day that you have made; let us rejoice and be glad in it (Psa. 118:24).   

And He loves you,
                        Lyndi         

No comments: