Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Girls










Come to our door and you'll be greeted by jumping bundles of joy. "Wow you came to see us and play with us.... yeah".  Actually you would probably hear barking but really, our two little dogs are excited to see you and believe you came to see them. We hang together all day and night and I tell them things about life.  They are such good listners. They act like they understand every word my husband or I say. Of course they don't have a clue. The girls know we love them.  They feel safe, get fed, go crazy over treats. They want to be where ever I am and if I leave they wait for me in the front window. Neighbors walk by and wave to them..... they are so cute. Tyler, the neighbor's cat, walks real close to the front window and gives 'em a cat scan and enjoys watching them freak out. And when my car comes back up the street? Jumping bundles of joy!

Our little dogs do not understand when my husband or I discipline them that it is for their own good. Nor do they comprehend how dangerous it is outside of their home. They hate their leash and want to run free not walk! When it comes time for their bath they hide, shake and generally act like I am about to kill them.  They are not crazy about the cleaning process but love the end result and walk with a little spring of pride in their step. Really they act like we are here solely to make their life function exactly the way they want. No problems! You can actually witness each of them using 'dogchology' on us to get what they want. They think they have got us figured out. LOL They do not. They cannot reason on our level. They cannot think the way we do. They do not comprehend future.  They live for now.... this moment..... this need..... this want. We have a relationship, but we are not equals. We love each other, but my husband and I are their master.

A pearl to string: Am I talking about dogs here???? or is this how it is with God and me?  We are not equal. We operate on completely different levels of thought. I cannot think like God. I cannot understand God. I tend to go closer to self focus when I'm suffering.  I may get glimpses of His character. I may see the fruits of His action. I can even communicate with Him. But for me to assume I understand God is a serious mistake. I might end up thinking God is the way I want Him to be, or imagine He should be. God created me. Not the other way around. So I read His Word and depend on the Holy Spirit to help me live it.
 
"But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not subject to Moses’ laws. Now, the effects of the corrupt nature are obvious: illicit sex, perversion, promiscuity, idolatry, drug use, hatred, rivalry, jealousy, angry outbursts, selfish ambition, conflict, factions, envy, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that. I’ve told you in the past and I’m telling you again that people who do things like that will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the spiritual nature produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There are no laws against things like that" (Galatians 5:18-23GW)

Leaning NOT on my own understanding,
Know you are loved
                           Lyndi

No comments: