Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ROSE

Recently I went sideways with an atheist on face book.  This particular atheist happens to be a relative and for the sake of family cohesiveness I didn't choose to do battle but a friend of mine stepped up to the plate with my blessings.  Oh my goodness she was amazing.  Tough in battle, brilliant with her well chosen words. Scripture was her battle sword.  Cool was her spirit.  My agnostic relative was puffed-up with anger and wound up declaring he was God but quickly recanted and put a less offensive moniker to his final punch.  It was interesting to witness.  I realized that I am not wired for that kind of a battle. Yikes, I nearly drowned in my own tears I was so upset.  I love this relative and I have deep concern for his soul. It was easy to see that there are no winners.  One can't hit another with a Bible.... no one benefits - no one grows.  God's Word is love and for me arguing can never produce love.   Jesus died for us but didn't stop there.  Jesus rose from death so we might live.  How can there be a greater love than that?
 Isn't the resurrection of Jesus Christ a verifiable fact from history?  And doesn't Christ's resurrection answer the question of Christianity's validity from being merely a philosophical issue to being a historical one?  It seems only those who never study the evidence -- or who refuse to listen to its testimony -- could deny the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Josh McDowell (The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict) comes to mind as one person in recent history that set out to disprove Christ's resurrection -- only to become a believer instead!  What an incredible ministry arose from his quest more than 40 years ago.

A pearl to string: It remains a fact: Confucius' tomb, Buddha's tomb, Mohammed's
tomb, and Lenin's tomb are all occupied. But Jesus Christ's tomb is EMPTY!

"I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death." REVELATION 1:18 NKJ

I am preparing my heart and mind to remember and celebrate Resurrection Sunday the Easter I always knew.....

May love always lead the way
                                          Lyndi

No comments: