Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Round and Round


I was driving when I saw the flash of a traffic camera. I figured that my picture had been taken for exceeding the limit even though I knew that I was not speeding.

Just to be sure, I went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed.

Now I began to think that this was quite funny, so I drove even slower as I passed the area once more, but the traffic camera again flashed. I tried a fourth and fifth time with the same results and was now laughing as the camera flashed while I rolled past at a snail's pace.

Two weeks later, I got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt.

Are you going round and round? Going through the same endings to different problems? How's that working for you? Don't be fooled by what you think you see! Maybe today is a good day to change something in your life.

A pearl to string: I imagine God watching us go round and round arrives to the point of ridiculous also. Fortunately He doesn't call us idiots. God calls us His beloved. The same God who paints a sunset, shapes a mountain and plans the waves at the beach, has chosen to love us, not because of who we are, but because of who He is.

You say you believe! Woo hoo. You say you've asked the Lord into your heart! Terrific!
So are you in His Word every day? Huh? Well.... how do you fall in love with someone without spending time with them? That could be your answer to your round and round dilemma. Cuddle up to the Good Book and get to know your Savior. He is so beautiful.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us." 1 John 4:7, 11-12

Keep walking in Sonshine
and know you are loved
Lyndi

No comments: