Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"A Brokxn Kxy"

Evxn though my typxwritxr is an old modxl, it works quitx wxll xxcxpt for onx of the kxys. I havx many timxs wishxd that it workxd pxrfxctly.

It is trux that thxrx arx forty-onx kxys that function wxll xnough, but just onx kxy not working makxs thx diffxrxncx.

Somxtimxs it sxxms to mx that our church is somxthing likx my typxwritxr -- not all thx kxy pxoplx arx working propxrly.

As onx of thxm, you may say to yoursxlf, "Wxll, I am only onx pxrson, I don't makx or brxak thx church."

But it doxs makx a big diffxrxncx, bxcasx a church, to bx xffxctivx, nxxds thx activx participation of xvxry pxrson.

So, thx nxxt timx you think your xfforts arx not nxxdxd vxry much, rxmxmbxr my typxwritxr and say to yoursxlf, "I am a kxy pxrson in thx congrxgation and I am nxxdxd vxry much."

This is what happxns to thx wholx church, and multiply this by many timxs -- thx whole thing just doxs not makx sxnsx!

So, don't be a broken key - be a useful one.
- Author Unknown

A pearl to string: This little story illustrates how much you matter. The world just isn't right if you are not functioning properly. Some times we don't feel like we matter. Life just swirls around us. If you are feeling that way today may I tell you .... you matter! You matter to all the people in your life. You matter to people who don't even know you. Your unique gifting was designed to bless. Bless your family which make up the church, which blesses one another and reaches into their communities to bless. Churches & communities bless each other and reach far beyond their boarders to bless others.

In God your value is immeasurable
You are loved
So go bless someone
Lyndi

No comments: