Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It’s Who We Are


Are you having a bad hair day, feeling like God poured you out like milk and curdled you like cheese? I was having one of those tough to breathe days and wanted to remind myself just what my breath was…. that God was my breath. Well I started looking up scripture verses and found some that really inspired and refreshed me. I liked them so much that I layered several translations one upon the other and strung them together and look what fun thing happened.

Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life Psalm 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: My flesh was made by you; you created my inmost being; You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body; you formed my inward parts; You alone created my inner being; Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb; and my parts joined together in my mother's body; You wove me in my mother's womb; You knitted me together inside my mother. thou hast protected me from my mother's womb; Job 10:11 Clothe me with skin and flesh, And knit me together with bones and sinews? Job 10:12 Thou hast granted me life and favor; You gave me life and showed me kindness, You gave me life and showed me your unfailing love; You have granted me life and steadfast love; You have granted me life and loving kindness; You gave me life and mercy; You have been kind to me, and your grace has been with me; Thy visitation hath preserved my spirit; your providence watched over my spirit; My life was preserved by your care; your care has preserved my spirit; Your watchfulness has preserved my spirit; your care has kept my spirit safe. Psalm 119:73 Your hands made me and fashioned me; give me the sense to follow your commands and understanding, that I may learn Your commandments. Isaiah 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone Psalm 100:3 Know that the LORD Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

A pearl to string: My breathing remained difficult throughout the day but my time in the Scriptures was like playing with my Dad. Remember? Playing with your Dad? Didn’t it always make you feel happy? God’s Word fought off the many temptations labored breathing generates: fear, anxiety, panic, whining, complaining, anger, frustration and depression. Replaced them all with joy. So if you ask me what kind of a day I’m having my response would probably be – great! You would never know about the difficulty and fun I had getting to great! I just felt led to share my great with you today. I’m praying that whatever temptations you face God’s Word will be your joy in overcoming them.

You are loved,
Lyndi

No comments: