Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Abracadabra




To me it’s a funky little incantation used by stage magicians and amateurs alike. I can’t seem to find a direct translation. Though I’m finding the word abracadabra dates back to pagan type stuff and medical spirits? My goodness too many Christian things have pagan strings.

Oh freaky fringe!

I’m just going to lay all that confusing stuff aside and go with the Hebrew word “Aberah KeDaber” which means I will create as I speak. That translation leads me on the Lords path which is the direction I intend to proceed. In my Scripture reading this week I camped on (Jeremiah 1:12) “Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it”. When did God put that in my Bible? I’ve been reading Jeremiah for years and I don’t recall that phraseology. “watching over My word to perform it”. This Bible reading stuff is amazing. You read along in the same book day after day, year after year…. You’d think it would get old huh? But no, it does not. This happens to me all the time something new and fresh jumps off the page and hugs me. I love the Word of God…. It’s living!
“God is watching over His word to perform it”.
God creates it, God watches over it, God performs it! Now that’s abracadabra!

Are there times when you look back that you wonder how you got through the most difficult circumstances? “In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps” (Proverbs 16:9)
Abracadabra “God is watching over His word to perform it”.

How about the times you were ready to quit, but didn't? “So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed. I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land”. Selah (Psalm 143:4-6)
Abracadabra “God is watching over His word to perform it”.

Have there been days, weeks, or months when you wondered if God was listening only to later realize not only was He listening He was orchestrating events and circumstances for your good? “… my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God”. (1 Corinthians 2:4, 5)
Abracadabra “God is watching over His word to perform it”.

A pearl to string: Who knew? Now you know!
"God watches over His Word to perform it."
All He is waiting for is for you to use the power that is in His word.
Are you faced with a challenge right now?
Your weapon of battle IS the Word of God . . . it has power . . . but only if you use it.

Abracadabra! Every day in God’s Word if you want the power
You are loved,
Lyndi

"So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

No comments: