Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Blessed Beyond Measure

A family gathering can be a good thing especially if the members like each other. OK, I admit, that is an excellent starter ingredient. Add love, respect, admiration, kindness and consideration for others and you might have a reunion that blesses each person beyond measure. The Mac family just had their 15th annual 4th of July gathering and we all feel like this was the best one ever. It’s not fancy -- just cooking, eating & playing together for 8 days. Wow, we each have a bouquet of precious memories to cherish. The 10 grandkids plus two 2nd cousins made a movie produced & directed by Uncle Marc which was recorded and became one of those tangible memories added to the yearly family & group photos. The movie: High School Musical 4 ‘four years later’ was pure fun. Take notice Hollywood some new stars headed your way. We got Mac-talent!

You might be reading this thinking awe that’s sweet – our family should do that or maybe your family does gather and it’s a great time or maybe not so much – perhaps a little or a lot of in family fighting going on? Some of you might be thinking – it’ll never happen not with my family.

May I share with you this family is made up of ordinary people. We each have our own ‘me-me’ issues with sensitivities & expectations that we individually have to overcome. Each one has had to work through hurt feelings and forgiveness but the longer we try to gut it out on our own power the less successful it becomes. We need each other’s prayers and ask for them and we need the Holy Spirit so the power of the Lord is released inside our hearts. This isn’t a onetime deal – let us pray and it’s done. This is an ongoing daily process. We do watch out after each other and we do pray for the ones we see struggling from time to time and we rejoice in the joy we see in each other too. Personally I find great comfort in that – my family doesn’t expect me to be perfect, they’ve got my back on my bad days as well as my good days. We’ve all learned to give each other wiggle room and space for odd & strange behavior which grants each of us blessings beyond measure.

A pearl to string: The first step in receiving rich blessings is to ask the Lord to help you forgive those who have wronged you. Then ask someone who loves the Lord to pray with you and for you. Remember as you read this: Jesus died for my sins and He died for those who have sinned against me. That was revelation for me years ago and it released me from my prison of pain.

The longer you walk with the Lord the sweeter He grows
And the sweeter you grow,
Blessed beyond measure,
Lyndi

Mark 11:24-25 (New International Version)
24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

No comments: