Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh the Good Times



Long ago I prayed, “Lord, help me grow in the good times”. I also prayed for wisdom because I knew patience is a by-product. When I was younger, much younger, I prayed for patience but learned that’s not really a bright idea. What you get are tests to see if you’ve got patience yet. So the question, ‘are we there yet?’ originated with God? Hmmm, perhaps I gained a moniker of wisdom just by praying for wisdom. My new prayer wasn’t asking God for good times. It was about a deeper walk with Him. When times were tough I knew just where to run. Oh I can run……. I can run fast in the spirit – like a speeding bullet! My concern was with how quickly I got too busy to spend time with the Lord when my life was rich and full and trouble didn’t linger at my door.
Do you know I actually failed the ‘good times’ test? Multiple times! I got too busy to take the time in the mornings to spend time with my creator and Savior. I learned how to pray on the run. I think that is similar to eating on the run. Fast food has little to do with nutrition and what’s actually good for your body’s health. As fast prayer has little to do with an intimate relationship with Christ and what’s good for the kingdom of God.

A pearl to string: I found this earth walk is really a training ground for my eternity with God the Father. I read in Jeremiah 1 verse 5: “Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you” and believe He must be talking about me. God didn’t say, “you’re it” then run and hide. He does have a plan… one for me…. one for you but it’s not about personal happiness. A gold fish is happy. Why you ask? Because he is and does what God made him to be and do. Circumstances aren’t the barometer of God’s love and goodness—the cross is. That’s it. That’s the secret for me. If it doesn’t come through the cross it’s not God’s truth – it’s mans truth. Man’s truth changes like the wind and blows every which way. What you swear today is truth your children’s generation is already changing. Born into this world and trained unto this world. Christ had to die on a cross to free us and we have to die to self to live free. A godly life is a fragrance that draws others to Christ. We are to God the fragrance of Christ. ~ 2 Corinthians 2:15

The good times are with Him
Inching closer, staying longer
In His presence you are loved,
Lyndi

No comments: