Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Road Trip to Happy


If you reverse disappearing into thin air you have us just returning into the thin air of Colorado from a road trip to happy. Visiting family & dear friends and driving 2,720 miles with my Coach Wonderful have made me very happy. I love driving on the open road. Being on oxygen 24/7 makes me feel like a bird on a leash but in a car I can fly and see and breathe all at the same time. Functioning at sea level enables me to move about less restricted so that added to the joyful experience. We had three distinct and beautiful stops to treasure on our trip to happy. I’m noticing something odd as I write this. While the ‘now’ of each stop was incredibly rewarding each one took me back to sweet memories of days gone by. Do you think that is just an age thing?

Our first stop was Downers Grove Illinois to enjoy the excited activity of our oldest son’s family. Mike & Jenni have a warm, beautiful and inviting home including the every man’s dream, to die for, media room - lost Coach Wonderful in there a few times! Family life ran at full speed as we played with four of our 10 grandchildren. We watched Nickolas play football, Justin play soccer & baseball, played cards and games with Brandon & Alexa and visited everyone’s school on Monday morning. Sometimes as Jenni worked in the kitchen and children flew by at an accelerated rate my mind’s eye could see a young Lyndi preparing meals and a riotous Mike, Tom & Marc accompanied by their angelic sister Kristy. It was such a great time – can’t wait to do it again – its wonderful being with grandkids on their own turf.

Our second stop was Grosse Ile Michigan with our dear friends Jack & Toni Hall who hosted our entire stay. Hummm I think I’d like to retire in their home. Pure luxury in surroundings and love – they took such tender and attentive care of us. This was the ‘great friends’ portion of our trip with Coach Wonderful’s 50th high school reunion. Oh my, it was fun to see everyone again, catching up on families and the goodness of life which always includes enough trouble to reveal blessings. It was a special delight to have my close friends, those who shared the mommy track with me, drop by for hugs and laughter – I treasure that one on one time.

Our third stop was not a change of venue but a very special visit in Riverview Michigan: An evening with old Mac’s. It thrilled my heart to see Coach Wonderful with his brothers and sister and his beautiful 98 year young Mom. That was a goal in my heart and God blessed it with lighthearted chatter sprinkled with family stories that make us all laugh. NO FIGHTS! Yeah!! A memorable and blessed time together – thank you Lord.



A pearl to string: We begin with God then He grows us in families and He gives us friends. The years teach you those are the most cherished treasures as we live this life. Nothing else counts, not jobs, houses, cars, clothes or the lack of those things.
God –
Family –
Friends –
INCREDIPEARLS-
We live in thanksgiving.

Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them. Romans 12:9-14/NLT

I hope this makes you want to go hug someone you thank God for ……


Go ahead…
Go Hug Someone

Know you are loved,
Lyndi

No comments: