Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Be lost in the wonder of Him



I fell in love with my Coach Wonderful a little less than a half a century ago, yet with forty five+ years of marital bliss, I still have moments that I shake my head and wonder, "who is that man?" Oh, I may not have solved every mystery about him and a long life may not be long enough to accomplish that but I do know my husband. I know his voice, his touch, and his habits. I'm a witness to his character, his personality, and his ways. It has gone the same way in my relationship with God, though I do ask Him occasionally if He’s sure He has my correct address. I have learner over the years to hear His voice, to recognize His touch, and to understand some basic truths of who He is.

There are so many revelations of God in His Word. The Bible boasts of His greatness, glory, honor, and character. We know that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), that God's grace is sufficient for every repentant heart, and that His power is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). We know that His name is above all other names (Philippians 2:9), that there is no other like Him (Jeremiah 10:6), and that His wisdom holds secrets that are hidden from before time began (I Corinthians 2:7). And for as much as we know about the LORD, our knowledge of Him is but a fraction of a grain of sand as held up to all the beaches on earth.

Though He is the mysterious master Creator who hung each star in the sky and calls them by name, He wants us to love Him, to trust Him, to know Him, and to worship Him. That thought alone sets my mind to marvel!

A pearl to string: God invites us to participate with Him in a vibrant dance of abundant life through His Son, Jesus Christ. Our amazing Heavenly Father bids each and every one of us to come to Him with questions, to be held by His love, to find peace, hope, and healing in His Son. He calls us to seek Him through prayer and to experience new revelations of Him through His Word and through the Holy Spirit. He says, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3.

The voice of all of creation shouts His praise!

May each one of you get lost in the wonder of Him.
You are ever in His heart,
Lyndi

No comments: