Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Rush to Judgment

Eight-year-old Susie came home from school and informed her mother that today in class they had learned how to make babies. The mother, rather shaken by the development, called the teacher to complain.

After listening to the mother complain for a few minutes, the teacher responded, "Did you ask her to explain how it is done?"

"No," said the mother.

"Then ask her and call me back," replied the teacher.

"So how DO you make babies?" the mother asked her daughter.

Susie responded, "You drop the 'y' and add 'ies.'"


Oh boy! That Mom had to be red faced – I wonder if she called the teacher back? I won’t label all women but I know I personally have a tendency to lean towards the emotional side of life’s happenings. Facts just mess up a good emotional outburst as demonstrated by the little story. Of course getting the wrong facts can do almost as much damage. For example: The obituaries in the newspaper prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that people die in alphabetical order. Pretty silly but the culture can become askew from the truth rapidly with all that is thrown at us daily.

Another rush to judgment is what some folks believe about the Bible without ever reading it. I can testify to that: as a young adult (wish I could say child – sigh) I envisioned the birth of Christ just like the beautiful Christmas cards that are produced yearly. Imagine my surprise while traveling in Israel to find it was a nasty, dirty, dingy – completely ugly place where our beautiful Savior was born. Oh I read the accounts in the Gospels but chose to not see the truth. The world’s way was prettier but it isn’t the real beauty.

A pearl to string: The real beauty is: Christ was born to demonstrate for us the ways of our Father and to pay in full for the wages of sin through His shed blood. Sin is falling short of the glory of God. You don’t want to get good at it. I fall short of the glory of God many times through each day – I need a Savior and I thank God He loves me enough that He sent one. We all have the freedom of choice to believe and receive eternal life.
Romans 6:23, Romans 3:22-25, 1 Peter 2:24

Right click on Scripture verse and click on open to take you directly to the Scripture verse in e-Bible

238 is my lucky number and in Act 2:38 you’ll find the perfect gift,
You are loved,
Lyndi

PS: I usually don’t do a PS but this just came across the news: All reports are in...life is now officially unfair. Now you know but please don't put a question mark where God puts a period.

No comments: