Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Adore

Blue Door photo by Sandrine
Father, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

Jesus, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

Spirit, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

(Repeat as many times as needed)

This photo fascinates me – draws me in – comforts me. At first glance the beautiful blue doors do not appear to have a handle. On closer inspection I do see the latch and key hole. But my first thoughts were this is a door at which I must knock – I cannot just walk in. Do I want to get in? Or do I want whoever is inside to come out? I see no hinges so it must open inward. How inviting. I love the curves above that arch around the door. They are both gracious and sensitive while being bold and strong. The triangle enclosed trefoil symbolizes God the Father, Jesus His Son and the Holy Spirit to me. I don’t think that representation is assigned – it’s just what I think of when I see a trefoil. The stone is old, pitted, crumbling in spots, cracked and weathered representing a long life time of experience. Some good - some not so good. There were times I’d looked for God, knocked on some doors but didn’t understand why He would not answer. Ever happened to you? Your prayers don’t seem to be answered? What I discovered is today’s pearl.

A pearl to string: It’s easier to find God when you quit looking for Him on your terms. In fact start letting go of your terms and He’ll find you. And Jesus says; Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me”. Revelation 3:20 NKJV

Joy in Son shine,
Lyndi

No comments: