Tuesday, January 15, 2008

FOLLOW?

We’re off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz….. Because, because, because, because, becaaaaaaaaause! Because of the wonderful things he does. Yikes! Don’t follow him!

A teenage girl got lost in her car in a snow storm. She remembered what her dad had once told her: "If you ever get stuck in a snow storm, wait for a snow plow and follow it."

Lo and behold, a snow plow came by, so she started to follow it. She followed the plow for about forty five minutes. Finally the driver of the truck got out and asked her what she was doing. She explained that her dad had told her if she ever got stuck in the snow, to follow a plow. The driver nodded and said, "Well, I'm done with the Wal-Mart parking lot, now you can follow me over to K-Mart."

Do listen to your Dad. There's nothing wrong with following others as long as you know that they are headed in the right direction. Even the apostle Paul was careful to limit those who sought to follow him: Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
(I Corinthians 11:1, NIV).

String a pearl: Movies & TV shows are entertainment not intended as a life map. Emulating performer’s rogue lifestyle would be craziness. Following a snow plow blindly may have minor consequences, but following someone blindly in the realm of religion can have serious (and eternal) consequences. Be careful who you follow! When my brothers and sister and I were growing up our Dad use to tell us, “Do what I say, not what I do”. We people are fallible, even those who love the Lord. Don’t follow those who love the Lord….. Follow who they follow.



In His footsteps,
Lyndi

No comments: