Wednesday, October 31, 2007

IN MEMORY

Of Carrie & Matthew Oliver








And Jackie & Tennyson McCarty








Mothers and their sons who were loved and cherished. We miss you.

Shadows in the Light
by Robert Lavery

















The sunlight streams through my window.
It warms my skin but also brings comfort to my spirit.
It is never changing, always there.
At night the moon reminds me that the light has not gone
It will return in time, I must be patient.
As the moon comes and goes through the sky,
So does my life go on.
That life is never changing.
It continues through time.
I have had joy as bright as the sun.
I have had sorrow as dark as the new moon.
Yet the cycle continues.

At times in the dark of night.
When the moon is not in the sky.
I look into the flame of a candle.
In its light I see hope.
They are with me still those shadows of the past.
I hear their laughter,
I see their smiles,
But I long for the comfort of their embrace.

As the cycle of sun and moon continues.
So does my life, it continues.
I am not ready to join the shadows yet.
The sunlight streams through my window.
I lie in its warmth and dream of them.
Even in the light their shadows are around me.
I think of where my life is now.
The changes that have been wrought in me.
I still hear their laughter,
Still see their smiles,
And I know they are near me.

(excerpt from Love Lost: Love Found)
Shared by Dr. Gary Oliver
http://www.carrieshealth.com/updates.html

No comments: