Thursday, September 20, 2007

YOU DECIDE by Sister Krista - America Samoa


Approaching Storm at Sunrise

Vatia bay, Tutuila Island.

National Park of American Samoa

Decisions, Decisions!


I woke up this morning and I was reminded that I am the master of my destiny. Yes my steps are ordered of the Lord, and yes He directs my path...but I determine the quality of life I live.

This morning I woke up a little achy and sore, and I was still a bit tired. I don't know maybe I just slept in an awkward position or didn't stretch out enough or got too much sleep....but as I was stretching out it came.....this feeling.....like I was sluggish, not feeling very energetic, and not very excited about the start of a new day....that was it, the bait, the moment of decision that was going to make the difference in the kind of day I was going to have. I had to decide right there if I was going to let my body tell me my future or if I was going to tell my body it's future.

This is the day that the Lord has made.....need I say more. I brought my body into subjection and let the Word of God determine the kind of day it was going to be. So I got dressed, put on my walking shoes and thanked God the whole way into work. And guess what? By the time I got into the bookstore my body had given up and lined up with what my lips had declared and the bait that the enemy set out to trip me up....well I must have stepped right over it along the way too.

Brethren, remember we decide, we are the master's of our day. Expect good, speak life, and be a light. Resist anything and everything that is not God's will for you.

Life and death are in the power of the tongue....so be a fountain of blessing to yourself and to those around you and as you water you too shall be watered and increased.

So what kind of day is it going to be today. You decide.

No comments: