Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Poem of Many Grandmothers

September 2007
Please feel free to add your expression of love in the comment section and
I'll add your love for your grandmother/mother/mothe-in-love to the poem

A love that has pried
A love that has prayed

(Lyndi, Denver, CO)

A butterfly’s touch, the brush of a soft feather, the beauty of the white dove
Always remind me of the gentle love & wisdom shown in my mother’s hands.
(Louise, Superior, CO)

Hands that have pain, but
Hands that still soothe.
(Kaye Davenport, Houston TX)

My Grandmother smiled
As she prayed for each child.
(Shirley, Boulder, CO)

A love that loves you unconditionally
A love that loves you absolutely!

A love that kisses the palm of your hand & tells you to hold onto that kiss all day long.
A love that looks at you with grateful, loving eyes & tells you – you belong.

A love that tells you – you are as beautiful as a flower.
A love that gives you enough cookies and milk to last an hour.
(Carolyn, Arvada, CO)

A tear cried for joy
A tear cried for sorrow
(Sandee, Denver, CO)

Love is a tiny little gold wedding band
On her chubby little hands.
(Denise, Detroit, MI)

Running my fingers across my Megan’s beautiful flawless face
Saying your face little one is so beautiful.
And she ran hers across mine and said, Memaw, yours looks like lace.
(Judy, Atlanta, GA)

Hands that God will lift me to His side and there
I will use these hands to touch the face of Christ.
(Jane, Porter Ranch, CA)

No comments: