Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Is the grass really greener next door?

John and Charles were sitting on the front porch chillin' when a large truck hauling rolls and rolls of sod (grass) went by. 

"I'm gonna do that when I win the lottery," said John. 

"Do what?" asked Charles. 

"Send my grass out to be mowed," answered John. 

Oh my, that made me laugh.  It also reminded me of how goofy my youthful expectations were of people and life in general.  I thought dreams came true. Ha! Nightmares do but dreams... not so much.  To be truthful, though it's embarrising, I thought the lack of trouble and problems were a sure sign of God's love.  Like God's job is making me, me, me happy? Furthermore people who loved me would always be kind, loving and respectful.  Life is an eye opener and no one sends their grass out to be mowed.   

A pearl to string: As long as any of us are focused on how we are loved or how people treat us ... we are in trouble!  If our measuring stick in life is based on what happens to us then our expectations of others will always fall short. Loved ones and friends will always disapoint us.  ALWAYS!  If you are the lens and everything that happens in life is based on what you need, think and feel then you become the judge of right and wrong.  When self is enthroned in the human heart it's a tell tale sign of spiritual immaturity. When Christ is crowned the Rightful King of Our Soul the focus switches from what is right in our eyes to choosing what is love in God's eyes.  So to preserve and promote the Reign of Christ in our hearts by preventing the resurrection of selfishness "Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that". (Ephesians 5:1-2 MSG)  

Walk lovingly, talk lovingly and act lovingly
Ahh yes, love like our Sweet-smelling Savior
                                                                             Lyndi

No comments: