Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Daisy Love

He loves me... He loves me not. Chance petal plucking won't give you love. Daisy love won't satisfy a hungry soul. Yet many a person will base their faith on the chance that mankind will do right by them.

I've been confronted of late with people who have left the church and no longer believe in God. I am always dismayed at how anyone could know Jesus and turn away. In my mind that is impossible. I can only surmise they never knew Jesus and put their trust and hope in man. Oh that's not good...... for man, not men, but mankind will always fall short of the glory of God. And yet as often as we feel troubled by a fresh discovery of human frailty, we feel strangely relieved by the company.

When the Lord doesn’t meet our personal expectations on earth we turn against Him!

Isn't it really that simple? As long as loving and serving the Lord is about our expectations our faith is shaky. It can be tossed and turned at a moments notice. Just let one little crisis enter the picture and many people climb upon the monster roller coaster of daisy love. I've taken a ride or two or forty myself.

In our everyday living mind we expect God to make our lives better. We want God to change things so we would be on the receiving end of worldly rewards and benefits. Stop and think about it - isn't it true? We want jobs or better jobs, marriage or a better marriage, health or better health. Really the list is endless. I could write a seventy three inch paragraph just listing the things I wanted out of this life. I wonder where on earth I got my ideas of what is good and pleasing? Did the Joneses write the book of "Want"?

The French make the most beautiful pastry in the world but if you bite into the confections expecting a sugary decadence of delight you will be sadly disappointed. And you can't sugar coat God with your grocery store tastes either.

A pearl to string: God had His focus on our eternal happiness and therefore His actions on earth were misinterpreted. A deeper grasp of Scripture is needed and that cannot be done with the Bible being stuck in the book shelves or still at the store. Going to church spotlights Scripture for practical purposes in living our lives. Personal study grows us in understanding and knowledge of God's heart and who we are in God's life. I study the word of God deeply because I don't want to wear the skin of religion and miss knowing the heart of God.

I pray that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, (Ephesians 3:17-18) Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. (Ephesians 4:14)

His love endures forever,
                                 Lyndi

No comments: